Source: Carbon Brief
The latest round of international climate negotiations concluded late on Saturday evening in Katowice, Poland.
COP24 gathered diplomats from around the world to, among other things, agree on the “rulebook” for the Paris Agreement on climate change, which was first struck in 2015, but will not formally be coming into force until 2020.
Carbon Brief’s video brings you three key details you need to know about the UN talks this year.
The video explains why Poland hosting the talks provided a controversial coal-tinged theme. Meanwhile, Naoyuki Yamagishi, head of climate and energy at WWF Japan, explains why the call for countries to “raise ambition” proved to be such a talking point.
Carbon Brief’s other coverage of the December 2018 climate talks in Katowice includes:
- COP24: Key outcomes agreed at the UN climate talks in Katowice
- The Carbon Brief Interview: Saudi Arabia’s Ayman Shasly
- COP24 video: How can the Paris Agreement stay on track in a world with Bolsonaro and Trump?
- Analysis: Which countries have sent the most delegates to COP24?
- Interactive: How climate finance ‘flows’ around the world
The post COP24 video: Three need-to-knows from the UN climate talks in Katowice appeared first on Carbon Brief.