We still have some places available for our annual week-long workshop at Rossbeigh in Kerry, which will take place at the end of June 2017. We’re looking forward to a thought-provoking and stimulating week.
Participants will include:
– Angela Espinosa and Jon Walker, who will explain how Stafford Beer’s Viable Systems Model could help bring about a much-needed paradigm change in human dealings with the rest of the natural world
– Brian Davey, who has prepared two discussion topics: understanding Trumpism; and the implications of Brexit
– Oscar and Siri Kjellberg, who will talk about “Sambruk”: a uniquely Swedish commoning approach that brings people together to apply transition-in-practice through reskilling and relocalization using convivial tools like intermediate technology, sociocracy, permaculture and Holistic Management
– Treacy O’Connor and Paul Byrne, who will talk about how we connect with ourselves and others, and about designing an online tool for collaboration in creating a vision for the future
– Tim Clarke, who will provide an update on his Feasta post and presentation “End of the Oilocene”, including an explanation of the Hillsgroup study on the interplay between the economy and net energy, and the immediate and long term implications for the world and Ireland
You can find out more about the Retreat Lodges, where the workshop will take place, at https://retreatlodges.wordpress.com/.
If you’d like more information about the workshop, please contact John Jopling at firstname.lastname@example.org .